Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Love, Love, Love

So Roger and I have started a daily devotions for dating couples, we are on day 3 and have 9 weeks to go. The first week is focusing on love, and what true love really is. The thing that has stuck with me the most, is that we can not truly love another human until we have experienced the love of the lord! Maybe experienced isn't the correct word.. We have to accept the love of the Lord, and then recepercate this love back to him.
Our lord has to be our one true love, the one that we desire and long for... This love, longing and desire has to come before any other love. I truly think we can't love another without loving God first! The Lord's love is real, and true, and unconditional, and raw, and even painful at times. But its still pure and refreshing... This is the type of love that I want in my life, but I know that if I don't have this love with the lord first, I will never be able to love another unconditionally.
If we allow our spiritual flame to fizzle out with the Lord, it is only a matter a time before our flames in our earthly relationships will fizzle out too..
Keep your love for the lord first, seek him, long for him daily, and you will expierence true love! And then only then can you truly love another...

No comments:

Post a Comment