Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Strength

Everytime I feel week it amazes me how just a single thought of the Lord can strengthen me. Having the Lord with me is a constant reminder that no matter what stands before me I can overcome it, with him!
Even when I am at my lowest and I am feeling my weakest whether it be mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually, I know that all I have to do is surrender and give it all to him. And in doing that I am at my strongest.
Being able to surrender yourself to the Lord in low moments, takes courage. I know for me, in those moments, I feel extremely vulnerable. Its as if all of my insecurities and secrets are exposed.
But for me it takes exposure and vulnerability to realize, that this is not my life. I am not in control! And in order for me to face what lies a head, I need the Lord and his strength. My strength is not enough.
2 Cor 12:10 For When I am weak I am strong.
When I am weak, is when I have stopped battling, thrown in the towel and surrendered! See I tend to forget that these battles are not mine to fight. I already have victory, I have the Lord. I constantly remind myself that surrendering to Lord is strength.
I want to be weak all the days of my life, because I want to walk with the Lord all the days of my life, and he is all the strength that I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment